Home > News/Articles > InvertObsession Plants > Java Moss (Vesicularia dubyana) a timeless aquarium plant
Java Moss (Vesicularia dubyana) a timeless aquarium plant
Source: Java Moss (Vesicularia dubyana)
Java Moss also removes pollutants from the water, greatly reducing the need for water changes and preventing "smelly tank syndrome."
This is the famous Java Moss, which probably needs no introduction. It is easily the most popular and easy-to-grow live moss in the aquarium hobby and it is also one of the most beautiful.
Live plants have many agricultural uses, such as removing waste and excess nutrients from hydroponic systems, fighting algae and bacterial growth in farm ponds, and keeping educational aquariums clean.
This is a 5"x5" section of moss, which is enough to start 4-6 patches that will grow out quickly. This moss is particularly ideal to keep with dwarf shrimp. We ship a bit of this moss with all of our dwarf shrimp because they like it so much. If you breed fish, the fry also really appreciate the plant cover.
- Ships as enough moss to make a 5 by 5 inch (25 square inches!) or larger mat.
- Grows along driftwood, rocks, and other surfaces. Can be grown along rear glass for an impressive live plant backdrop effect!
- Does not need special or high intensity lighting - can be kept in any freshwater aquarium.
- Great for fish and dwarf shrimp fry! Provides biofilm, hiding places, and security for the young when you place it in a breeding tank.
- All Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession) brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support directly from the owners!