Home > News/Articles > InvertObsession Plants > Hornwort (Ceratophyllum demersum) Oxygenating floating plants
Hornwort (Ceratophyllum demersum) Oxygenating floating plants
Source: Ceratophyllum demersum
Hornwort (Ceratophyllum demersum)
Hornwort, also known as Ceratophyllum demersum, is a floating plant with no roots (though it can easily be anchored in substrate or a pond floor). It is easy to grow and is fine with low-light and outdoor setups, although more light means faster and denser growth. It grows by absorbing waste including ammonia and nitrates from the water, which means fewer pollutants causing smelly or cloudy water and happier aquarium or pond inhabitants!
Hornword (Ceratophyllum demersum) floating plants are easy to grown and easily be anchored in substrate.
Live plants have many agricultural uses, such as removing waste and excess nutrients from hydroponic systems, fighting algae and bacterial growth in farm ponds, and keeping educational aquariums clean.
Live plants have many agricultural uses, such as removing waste and excess nutrients from hydroponic systems, fighting algae and bacterial growth in farm ponds, and keeping educational aquariums clean...
- Aquatic Arts has the most highly rated aquarium plants on Amazon for a reason: we are not deceptive about what you will actually receive, and we stand behind our products 100%.
- Fast-growing and grow by using waste and pollutants in the water, making it an extremely effective part of your biological filtration. Reduces or eliminates water changes in aquariums! Hornwort is a stem plant that easily grows 1" per week if adequate nutrients are available.
- A great plant for beginners! Does not require special equipment, care, or knowledge.
- Beautiful upgrade over plastic plants, which can look tacky and make your tank or pond appear unnatural.
- All Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession) brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free phone/text/email support directly from the owner!