Cichlid caves are basically shelter for cichlid fish. The purpose for providing caves for cichlids includes a place to hide, shelter in general and a place to spawn or deposit eggs or fry. In general cichlid fish are territorial in nature and therefore it makes sense to offer them areas to claim or depend. This can be accomplished using cichlid caves or cichlid stones. You can read more about using different strategies to breed cichlids
Originally there weren’t too many options, aquarist would basically use things like clay flower pots and that ever ugly PVC tubing and they worked well. Today there are fantastic ceramic cichlid caves or ceramic rocks that look exactly like real store or rocks but are extremely lightweight.
These cichlid caves make the perfect aquarium decor to a community tank. If you are an African cichlid lover or dwarf cichlid keeper or pleco catfish
than these accessories are must. Some of the caves that are manufactured can be connected or stacked creating a beautiful aquascape for an Mbuna community but you can use them for any cichlids or many species of catfish
for that matter.
The 10 Stone Big Rock Box is perfect for larger aquariums and hobbyists with multiple systems. It includes quality crafted Cichlid stone caves, toe-holds and boulders. Included ceramic decorations feature spacious interiors encourage exploration while providing stress-free retreats.
- Underwater Big Rock Box 10 Piece Ceramic Ornament
- The 10 Stone Big Rock Box is perfect for larger aquariums and hobbyists with multiple systems
- It includes quality crafted Cichlid stone caves, toe-holds and boulders
- It includes quality crafted Cichlid stone caves, toe-holds and boulders.
The stones are clustered in the mid-front and side wall, with an informal ridge connecting the clusters. The Cichlid Stones TM were placed on the bare tank bottom; more Cichlid Stones TM were added and rotated, until a good fit was found...
- Underwater Galleries Cichlid Stone
- Gravel was added to barely coat the bottom
- The African Cichlids actually behave better with new arrangements, this one in particular
- The African Cichlids actually behave better with new arrangements, this one in particular.