Home > Hara jerdoni for sale the Asian Stone Catfish or Dwarf moth catfish
Hara jerdoni for sale the Asian Stone Catfish or Dwarf moth catfish
Looking for something unique to add to your nano or community tank? Look no further than the Asian Stone Mini Catfish
! Their small size makes them perfect for small tanks - they only grow to a maximum of 1 1/2 inches in length! Also known as Hara jerdoni
or dwarf moth catfish, these fish are known for their small size and their neat-looking pectoral spines. They have intricate, striped patterns along their bodies and fins, featuring various shades of light and dark tans and browns.
These catfish come from slow-moving streams and small rivers in Indian and Bangladesh, so they don't need a large area in which to swim around. We sell these fish in a school of 5 because they are known to do best in groups of 3 or more. Hara Jerdoni is listed on IUCN Red List of Endangered species
due to destructive fishing practices and shifting agriculture are the threats although the impact in the species' entire distribution range is unknown.
More research about the distribution and the biology of this species is needed, as there is insufficient information available. Potential threats to this species also need to be identified. The conspecificity of the populations from the Ganges and the Brahmaputra river drainages require further investigation.
Asian Stone Mini Catfish aka Hara Jerdoni (1" in length)
Looking for something unique to add to your nano or community tank? Look no further than the Asian Stone Mini Catfish! Their small size makes them perfect for small tanks - they only grow to a maximum of 1 1/2 inches in length! Also known as Hara jerdoni or dwarf moth catfish, these fish are known for their small size and their neat-looking pectoral spines...
- These miniature catfish are perfect for all community tanks - especially small tanks that are highly limited in space for fish.
- Very peaceful - totally safe to keep with other fish, snails, shrimp, and live plants!
- What sets Asian Stone Mini Catfish from most other types of catfish is the long pectoral spines protruding from them, as well as the intricate patterns on their bodies and fins.
- This is a bottom-dwelling species, and they are very useful for eating leftover food and thereby keeping the bottom of your tank clean.
- All InvertObsession brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free phone/text/email support directly from the owner and breeder!
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- pH level range: 5.6 to 7.6
- Temperature range: 64 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water type: Medium hard
- Recommended InvertObsession tank mates: Dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, etc.), snails (such as Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), other non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: These catfish will eat most types of fish food, but they love live food such as bloodworms and daphnia. They are nocturnal, so they will likely feed at night for the most part. We recommend not keeping them with many other bottom-dwelling species, as their peaceful nature may lead them to be out-competed for food.