Home > Tilapia Egg tumbler | Cheap vs expensive which is better
Tilapia Egg tumbler | Cheap vs expensive which is better
Harvesting cichlids eggs has become increasing popular with hobbyist and cichlid fish farms relative to aquaculture and Tilapia as a foods source. Initially egg tumblers were used to artificially hatch Frontosa cichlids and other mouthbreeders like Peacock cichlids, Pseudotropheus, and Xenotilapia species of African cichlids. However the use of egg tumblers has caught the attention of Tilapia breeders, hence the foray into Tilapia Egg tumblers. Let’s review two popular egg incubators: GLT Tilapia Egg Tumbler II and the Cobalt Egg-Rocker 80.
Great Lakes Tilapia Egg Tumbler II
The Great Lakes Tilapia Egg Tumbler II is a new tumbler which has 2 major improvements to add to the overall utility. This tilapia egg tumbler is 1 1/2 in in diameter with will permit approximately 100-200 eggs at a time. Once the eggs have developed into swim up fry you can simply remove the top and pour them into your nursery tank.
Easy to Use! No Mess, No Fuss
1. It has a much better viewing area for you to see the eggs and fry as they are developing without any obstructions.
2. I has additional support (suction cups) that provide better stability against popping off.
3. Double screened to prevent tank fish from nibbling from underneath the egg screen.
EGG ROCKER 80 fish egg tumbler by Cobalt Aquatics USA
The Cobalt Egg Rocker 80 is the ultimate fish egg hatching system. The innovative design is incredibly sophisticated and easy to use at the same time. A simple in-tank installation and hook up to an aquarium air pump, then and easy air flow adjustment dials in the perfect water flow to gently rock your eggs.
Review of benefits for the Cobalt Aquatics Egg Tumbler (EGG-ROCKER 80)
• Self-standing legs keep unit upright on counter while harvesting eggs
• Simple to set up - easy to use
• The Egg Rocker provides consistent flow and gentle rocking that will yield the highest hatch rates you can imagine!
• Product Dimensions: 80mm diameter overall dimension 3.75″ x 4″ x 10″
Video of Tilapia Egg Tumbler by Mineral Springs Tilapia